I live in a downtown loft so I understand that it’ll be noisy every so often. I’m cool with that as I know I’m not the only one living here. It took some getting used to, but now I find the sound of cars driving on the highway quite soothing. And if you look close enough, I even have a waterfront view of the Missouri River way in the distance, behind the train that blasts its horn at 2 am for 34875297 seconds, loud enough that the whole Northern Hemisphere knows it’s passing by. Thanks, but eff you, train.
When I hear my neighbors during the day, or see their creepy dog looking at me through my window, I let it go. I’m an easygoing person and I signed my lease knowing there are other people doing life here.
Here’s the thing…
You’re smoking a cigarette outside of your window? I can live with that.
Overhearing your phone conversation? I’ll listen in case you need a witness, Neighbor!
BLASTING MUSIC AND SCREAMING YOUR DRUNK LUNGS OUT AT 3 AM? Uhh..What?! My lanta! Yes, people are that inconsiderate.
I’m not against people having parties. Go ahead, do you! But come 11:00 pm, show the slightest bit of consideration and quiet the f*ck down, or go somewhere else! Pretty please?
Confrontation gives me anxiety, so I’ve been dealing with 3 am Neighbors drunk partying since I moved in four months ago. I don’t have the guts to go up to their door and ask them to please quiet down. For this reason, my first Random Rambling is what I’d say to 3 am Neighbors, in theory, presented in bullet form:
- If you’re mature enough to live on your own, you’re mature enough to know that it’s inappropriate to party loud in the middle of the night when you have neighbors in such close proximity.
- How about you plant yourself a brain, grow some common sense, and realize that people are sleeping at 3 am.
- If you want to party until 3 am, that’s cool. GET A DAMN HOUSE!
- If you can’t afford a house- 1. Make friends with someone who has a house. 2. Party at THEIR house. Or better yet, go to a bar and make everyone happy.
- How would you like it if I sang Justin Bieber, off key, outside your front door, while you’re in the middle of a delightful night dreaming of doughnuts?
With that said 3 am Neighbors, You Suck.
Your upstairs neighbor who has to work at 8 am ❤